AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
The role entails loading semi-trailer trucks, loading building components, and audit building kits, verifying that they are complete and operating forklifts and overhead cranes. The role is also responsible for assisting in performing a detailed load inspection from a checklist to determine that the load is complete, in addition to unloading inbound freight as directed.
Reporting directly into the Production Supervisor, this role is a part of the Operations team working collaboratively to achieve the set targets.
- Stage building components in preparation for eventual loading per instructions.
- Consult with the Shipping Lead as to the proper placement of building components to make sure they fit on the load and ride up to 2,000 miles safely without damage.
- Unload semi-trailers and properly stow building components for safe and organized storage orders.
- Inventory building components after they are unloaded and check against purchase orders.
- Maintain the loading equipment as directed.
- Maintain the yard and shop as directed.
- Receive completed structural components from area departments and store in the designated areas as directed.
- Work closely with the Shipping Lead to determine that all building materials are checked in and accounted for and turn in paperwork promptly to the Shipping Clerk.
- Create shipping load list for outbound loads.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Exhibit good attendance and attitude.
- Use general math skills.
- Minimum 1 year of shipping or warehouse experience required; shag truck and forklift experience preferred.
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions, be able to read and interpret shipping lists, possess a high degree of organization and attention to detail, and be a self-starter; general manufacturing knowledge preferred.
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use both hands to handle or feel; and reach with both hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.