AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI NECO has strived to incorporate quality and innovation into new product lines focused on in-bin grain circulation, conditioning and drying. With over 120,000 square feet of manufacturing space with ample room for expansion, we combine real world, hands-on experience and state-of-the art- technology to build products from the ground up. This process is unique within the industry and enables our engineers and designers to control the product development process; make adjustments quickly; and utilize the latest in computer software technology to deliver continuously improving grain conditioning products.
Shift Production Supervisor (2nd shift- 2:30 PM-11:00 PM)
This role is for the 2nd shift - 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM. The role will supervise and coordinate activities of manufacturing workers to assure quality and timely production of agricultural machinery. The role will also be responsible for the implementation of manufacturing methods, procedures, and best practices in addition to developing and coordinating a diverse team and setting priorities for production schedules.
The role will work closely in conjunction with the Dryer Value Stream Manager and other Production Supervisory personnel to plan, direct and coordinate the shift production.
- Work closely with Production Supervisors, Leads, and other personnel to create a unified effort for manufacturing a quality product in an efficient and safe manner. Work with Engineering and Quality to achieve manufacturing improvements and product cost reduction.
- Direct and coordinate day-to-day production activities of the work area for the work shift. Develop proficiency of assemblies and essential knowledge of internal and external processes involved in the fabrication, assembly, testing, and handling of grain dryer products.
- Implement flexible production plans and training that will support the company's short term and long-term growth.
- Daily punctuality and attendance are critical to the performance of this job as this position must be a role model to the production team.
- Review schedules and work orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate, and coach staff, and resolve personnel situations in coordination with Human Resources. Coach and train non-English speaking personnel by developing effective visual aids and demonstrations and utilizing translators.
- Understand and apply company policy to various situations with employees and decide when to escalate potential issues to Human Resources or Management. Develop employees by providing good communication, guidance, assistance, and coaching as opportunities arise.
- Prepare and maintain production reports for communication to Management. Daily reporting and processing performed in ERP System and Microsoft Excel.
- Monitor product standards to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality. Actively assist in development and implementation of Quality Management System.
- Complete employee timekeeping approvals and reports. Manage employee performance, including Annual Performance Reviews.
- Work with Operators & Leads to improve utilization of key manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure manufacturing facilities and production equipment is maintained, down-time is minimized, and effective preventive maintenance program is in place.
- Lead and coordinate shift Overtime hours as necessary. Secure facility doors and alarm daily. Coordinate 5S, kaizen, and other Lean projects to champion AGI Continuous Improvement goals.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) preferred.
- 2-5 years related manufacturing supervisory or leadership experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Teams) Outlook Email/Calendar, ERP
- Manufacturing leadership background with experience in Lean, Safety, metal fabrication, and/or Assembly.
- Keen understanding of coaching and developing members of a manufacturing team.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication - Effectively communicates to employees in a clear and concise manner via written, verbal, and visual communication methods.
- Continuous Improvement – Ability to learn and apply Lean, Theory of Constraints, Kanban, kaizen, 5S, and other tools to improve a manufacturing team’s performance.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company policies and procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to make responsible decisions.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to AGI’s values and accepted standards.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Resource Management - Appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, and personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal. Foster a positive work environment.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.