Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and Central Nebraska region for almost fifty years. AGI MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become a global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
As the Safety and Training Coordinator, you will plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
Reporting directly into the Plant Manager, you will work closely with all the teams across the organization to ensure compliance with all safety protocols, contributing towards maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and support the training needs for the plant.
- Maintain the training program for the plant in accordance with our training procedures.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspect organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prepare and arrange safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Monitor DOT (Department of Transportation) efforts for the facility.
- Maintain safety files and records and support the maintenance of plant training records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) or related work experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures at all times, making safety a priority.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Problem solver; visionary; detail oriented.
- Team player throughout the organization.
- High level of integrity, sincerity, and honesty.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.