Are you looking for a stable, fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can learn and grow? Are you interested in working for an essential company producing top-quality goods for Agriculture? Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor manages, organizes and controls the production of high-quality steel storage products in a safe and efficient environment.
The Production Supervisor will report to the Production Manager, AGI-Westeel Winnipeg. You will lead a team of unionized hourly employees in the plant.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed on an on-going basis
- Participate in Operational Health & Safety Committee meetings/events
- Ensure compliance with all applicable H & S regulations and standards
- Conduct safety, quality and LEAN audits and investigations
- Conduct training as required
- Issue work orders to crew leaders; return and sign off work orders for closing
- Assist administration staff with purchasing and material planning - daily
- Assist engineering with problem-solving
- Scheduling of production
- Track production and report status daily
- Participate in production meetings – daily
- Coordinate with other departments such as Customer Support, Planning & Shipping to ensure a smooth transition from sales order to delivery
- Aid in disciplinary measures as required
- Approve and organize employee vacations
- Monitor and approve employee time & attendance records
- Cross-training of other branch staff as required
- Assist in back-up coverage for other positions in branch as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education required
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of ISO procedures is an asset
- Lean training or experience
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Company-matched RRSP program
- Training and development opportunities
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.