AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
We are actively seeking an individual to support Assembly, who can demonstrate proficient manual dexterity with hand tools, assemble a variety of products and package products per routings and BOM structures.
Reporting directly into the Production Supervisor, this role is a part of the Operations team working collaboratively to achieve the set targets.
- Maintains daily punctuality and attendance, as other departments rely on assembler's parts and materials to get finished products to either another department or out to customers by the deadline established.
- Efficient assembly of various components, parts and products. This job, like all other manufacturing jobs, is evaluated weekly for time efficiencies, with goal of 80% or higher the standard.
- Must be able to work consistently in a safe and efficient manner
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled and/or must be able to read and understand a work order, blueprint, and tape measure, and tailor assembly accordingly to varying specifications.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- May perform assembly as specialist in one area or rotate to other areas where customer or shop demands dictate.
- Assembles packages with product hardware per the routing and BOM structures as required.
- Efficiently pick and pack product in line with routing times, ensuring accuracy 100% of the time.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area on an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 months related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations, to supervisors and to co-workers of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret blueprints and tape measures.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use both hands and reach with both hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with the help of a crane. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.