AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost fifty years. AGI MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling, and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing overall supply chain operations, including purchasing all raw, component, and finished inventory required to meet the production and customers service needs of the organization. This will include receiving, stocking, issuing, and purchasing of the materials required to support the organization’s safety, quality, delivery, and operational goals. You will also set the direction and standard practices for inventory levels, inventory control, planning, scheduling, stocking, manufacturing control, systems and distribution activities of materials used in the internal and external fulfillment of demand.
Reporting directly into the Plant Manager, you will work collaboratively with Purchasing and Inventory personnel to achieve efficiencies within the supply chain, contributing towards achieving the organization’s overall objectives.
- Supervise the acquisition, movement, and transacting of all material within the manufacturing facility.
- Procure all materials according to procedures established by AGI.
- Coordinate temporary or permanent changes to product structures to facilitate manufacturing schedules.
- Develop and maintain inventory control procedures to ensure inventory accuracy. This includes procedures for receiving and issuing materials, cycle counting, and physical inventory as required.
- Supervise Purchasing and Inventory personnel in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring system for purchase orders to ensure timely arrival of material required.
- Advise Sales, Engineering and Accounting of changes in price or delivery of materials.
- Work with Engineering Department to incorporate lower price components into design of equipment.
- Analyze inventory and determine appropriate stock levels and methods to reduce overall levels.
- Ensure that all manufacturing job orders, purchase order receipts, inventory transactions, and customer shipments are appropriately entered into MRP system.
- Lead all production planning and scheduling activities including demand planning, job creation and expediting, and capacity management.
- Manage the shipping department function to include personnel, scheduling, and execution.
- Work with shop foremen to resolve work center capacity restraints and assist in determination of shop calendars.
- Supervise the purchase order receipt process to ensure the timely put-away of inventory.
- Manage the outbound shipping process to ensure timely and complete delivery of material to our customers.
- Make recommendations to improve safety, productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Coordinate and resolve issues regarding existing and new products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in purchasing and inventory management.
- Working knowledge of Materials Requirement Planning and maximizing its use in management of a manufacturing facility.
- Experience supporting a manufacturing company.
- Familiarity with a variety of supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Problem solver; visionary; detail oriented.
- Team player throughout the organization.
- High level of integrity, sincerity, and honesty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Microsoft Office skills, with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Familiarity with ERP systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired