AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI – MMS, as part of AGI’s Food Platform, manufactures equipment for use in feed, grain, pet food, fish food, fertilizer, seed cleaning and industrial facilities. We also fabricate our own line of material handling equipment and specialty systems using light and heavy gauge mild and stainless-steel materials. Our engineering team are experts at designing specialty equipment for situations when standard products are just not available on the market.
The AGI – MMS team is actively seeking an Installation Superintendent candidate to join our growing crew. You will lead and manage skilled labor and work crews engaged in all job duties concerned with overseeing all aspects and functions of assigned equipment installation activities of the project, ranging from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems and trade services.
The role will report directly to the Project Manager and work closely with other members of the team
- Ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments with the bound of all applicable policies
- Plan, coordinate and direct the overall activities of the equipment installation teams (AGI companies and other 3rd party trades)
- Schedule and coordinate the project to control job costs thereby ensuring profitability, timely completion, and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Communicate job information to proper personnel to allow for effective planning and execution of the project requirements.
- Create a positive work environment necessary to build a cohesive team.
- Leads and controls skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the equipment installation activities (rigging, piping, welding, demo/install, etc.) of the project.
- Supervise work performed on systems ranging in difficulty from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the works.
- Able to demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures, and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Communicate at a minimum daily with AGI or client’s Project Manager through completion of job.
- Conduct daily job hazard analysis for each job with the project and ensure all customer required permits are complete prior to starting any work
- Conduct daily toolbox meeting with workforce including all subcontractors.
- This list is to be considered a base line and not all inclusive of tasks that may be required; MMS will continue to streamline and update.
- Develops a high performing team. Provides sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Invests time with AGI management and schedule manager on a weekly basis to identify current and future workload, manpower needs/issues and current job status.
- Receives and reviews project specifications; plans projects with AGI management and installation company’s Lead Field Installer.
- Communicates job status and changes with AGI management and subcontractors in a clear and professional manner.
- Follows up with installers to ensure plans are properly followed and the best crews are assigned to each job.
- Maintains and updates AGI installation standards manual.
- Communicates the scope of work to installers
- Attends job site meetings to report on-time job/project completion or delays.
- Receives job change orders and informs appropriate parties of changes.
- Addresses and troubleshoots issues that arise during the installation process.
- Follows defined installation procedures for vendor equipment according to company instructions/policy, applicable building codes, and manufacturer installation instructions.
- Facilitates employee safety and ensures procedures are properly being followed striving with a goal of no accidents per calendar year.
- Maintains, reviews, and stays abreast of latest industry equipment, knowledge, and requirements.
- Ensures all paperwork is properly completed, including
- Site work permits
- Daily reports,
- RFI’s and timecards.
- Welding certification
- Sheet metal fabrication experience
- Equipment Rigging
- Building Automation; Controls
- Activity Reporting; Activity Tracking; Change Orders; Computer Literate
- High School Diploma, GED, or similar equivalent education required.
- Experience working in heavy industrial and construction environments
- Experience with forklifts, aerial lifts, and other heavy equipment
- Verifiable experience supervising members of a project team as well as managing on-site project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- OSHA 30, Welding Certifications, Aerial Lift License, Forklift License, First Aid/AED licenses preferred
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Work at heights
- Skills to supervise project team as well as managing all on-onsite project activities, scheduling, and reporting
- Ensure all paperwork, receipts and timesheets are complete, accurate and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe worksite
- Maintain and follow DOT regulations applicable to Mitchell Mill Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully interact with employees and clients professionally
- Commitment to safety and environment
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Willing to travel sometimes for extended periods
How to Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email Darren.Tharp@tramcoinc.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.