Closing: May 20, 2022
Posted: April 18, 2022
AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are Canada’s largest manufacturer of grain aeration and natural air grain drying equipment under the Grain Guard and Keho brand names as well manufacture Westeel petroleum storage tanks, smoothwall fertilizer and grain storage bins. As a division of AGI, we have dealers and distributors nationally and internationally to meet the needs of our customers worldwide. We currently have over 100 employees operating out of 200,000 square feet of manufacturing facility in Nobleford, Alberta (approx. 20 mins north of Lethbridge).
We are actively seeking a Maintenance Technician/Millwright to join our maintenance team team at AGI Nobleford. In this role, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, milling parts, preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities which includes repair and installation of equipment. You will be expected to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while following all company safety policies and quality procedures.
Reporting to the maintenance supervisor, you will work with a small team of trades people to minimize downtime in the facility.
- Maintain current machine and repair records
- Make, repair and modify custom-made, prototype or special tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges using various metals, alloys and plastics which require precise dimensions.
- Respond to critical machine maintenance issues while ensuring production interruption is minimized
- Perform routine building and equipment maintenance
- Implement lean and safety initiatives
- Installation and training of new equipment and processes
- 3rd year Apprentice/Journeyman Millwright ticket or relevant industrial plant maintenance experience is required
- Computer literacy including the ability to enter work orders and work with computerized PM system
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Experience working with brakes, presses, shears and hydraulics
- Prior tool and die experience is an asset
- General electrical knowledge/aptitude is an asset
- Able to sit/stand/crouch/walk for 8 hours per day
- Able to work at heights
- Able to regularly lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work in outdoor inclement weather
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.