AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
The role is responsible to install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the duties assigned.
Reporting directly into the Maintenance Supervisor, this role works collaboratively with the Maintenance team to contribute to the department’s objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
- Daily punctuality and attendance are critical as all other departments may rely on maintenance work performed in a timely manner to avoid and/or minimize down-time of machinery for completion of daily work orders to meet customer's deadlines.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment, both interior and exterior for two manufacturing plants and small office complex.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease guns. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Makes minor repairs to parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as trucks, forklifts, floor sweepers, etc.
- May install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim as needed.
- Assists with snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks
- May assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school, 1-2 years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training and/or certification in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and plumbing systems highly preferred and desirable.
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use both hands to handle or feel; and reach with both hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How To Appl
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.