Warehouse Receiver – Day Shift
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
We are currently looking for a Receiver to join our Warehouse Team on the day shift.
This position is responsible for receiving and inspecting all incoming items into the warehouse, ensuring that they are entered into the system and that they are stored appropriately. The receiver completes all required documentation and works with our administration team to ensure that all invoices and other important information is correct.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Materials Manager.
- Receipt and storage of materials to physical locations using equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes
- Material inspection – verification of material to include quantities, dimensions and grade as per PO and fabrication drawings
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner, following company safety policies and operational procedures
- Quarantine material as required
- Receiving and inputting information to ERP system
- Reconciling packing slips with PO’s and advising accounting of issues affecting billings
- Physical handing of materials from internal and external suppliers
- Communicating with various departments on receipt of goods required
- Work collaboratively with all team members within the area to ensure that responsibilities are completed accurately and on time
- Monitor stock levels of inventory to ensure no production shortfalls
- Inventory cycle counts and Bi-annual completion of inventory audits
- Coordinate with material kiting personnel to ensure material can be accessed on a regular basis
- Ensure efficient utilization of yard storage and racking for purchased items;
- Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications / Desired Experience
- 2+ years in a Receiver role within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating a forklift and overhead crane
- Proficient in using precision tools, including but not limited to tape measures, calipers and custom gauges
- Solid computer experience, with knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and ERP
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn our product lines and technical requirements
- Ability to read, understand and track PO’s
- Experience reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds continuously
- Able to work both inside and outside in all temperatures and conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license (abstract required upon hire)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities