Shipping General Labour – Day Shift
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
We are currently looking for a Shipping General Labourer to join our Warehouse Team on the day shift.
This position is responsible for packaging, weighing, storing and loading all materials leaving the facility.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Assembly Manager.
- Complete tasks while adhering to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Building of custom crates and packaging for VIS components and prepare them for shipping
- Use of heavy equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to load trucks and move equipment to and from shipping area, paint area and yard storage
- Drive company vehicles and trucks
- Ensure material is placed on appropriate pallets/crates and secured for shipment
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and work with the Shipper, Logistics Coordinator and other team members to resolve concerns
- Use of hand tools including, but not limited to saws, strapping tools and other sorted hand tools to accomplish tasks
- Visual inspections and report of any visible imperfections (bolts, touch ups, irregularities etc.)
- Label and tag equipment as directed
- Ensure equipment and tools are in good working condition within the area, reporting maintenance services when required
- Ability to follow and meet instructions
- Maintain and clean shipping area as well the yard storage locations
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned (yard arrangements, paint touch ups, unloading receiving trucks etc.)
- Some overtime may be required
- 1-2 years of shipping experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating a fork lift
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- High level of English reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Ability to work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, company rules, policies and procedures
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Have a valid driver’s license (abstract required upon hire)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities