AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Danmare Group specializes in providing full-service engineering and design solutions to premier companies in the food and pet food-nutrient sectors Our skilled team of engineers and professionals manage the process design, equipment specifications, plant layout, equipment qualifications, construction, installations, and manage vendors so our clients are provided with projects and services, on time and within budget. Our continued success has been leveraged as being part of the AGI group of businesses.
This is a full-time, 12-months contract position, with the potential for an extension. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the role will support the commissioning and management of a significant project for a client in the consumer packaging/food sector. This unique role combines engineering and warehouse management experiences to support the successful completion of the project
The role requires the individual to have a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant project and process engineering, and ideally warehouse experiences. While experience in warehouse management is preferred, we are willing to provide training in the warehousing portion of the role
Oxford County – London-Woodstock-Ingersoll area
Responsibilities and Duties - Engineering
- Support and assist Senior Project Engineers with major project initiatives which include identifying equipment capabilities, utilities, infrastructure requirements, developing P&IDs, PFDs, and layout concepts
- Provide technical guidance during project design and implementation, including commissioning & process qualification, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration
- Provide project, and process engineering support on projects
- Acceptance testing, Commissioning, Qualification, and Performance Based Training
- Prepare or update mechanical system designs using 2-D AutoCAD
- Prepare and manage bid documents for engineering/mechanical design for installation
- Manage contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors to ensure compliance to all safety regulations, codes, standards, and adherence to client requirements
- Monitoring Contractor work for compliance with contract specifications
- Support site start-up team, troubleshoot and resolve issues by collaborating with vendor equipment technicians during installation and start up
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner
- Assist with the development of Engineering check-out, equipment acceptance testing, start-up, and validation documents
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- Prepare technical evaluations of equipment supplier proposals
Responsibilities and Duties - Warehousing
- Oversee the day-to-day receiving of equipment, storage services, shipping of equipment to client premises
- Manage and coordinate receiving, pick up and release of equipment and coordinate transportation through third-party logistics (3PL) providers to client location
- Responsible for safety and security of two warehouses
- Communication with warehouse landlord regarding building and property issues
- Administrative activities to ensure client requirements are met in an efficient manner
- Record the condition of the equipment and parts upon receiving using video and photography
- Manage equipment and parts inventory through storage location tracker and control system
- Digitally record the condition of the equipment and parts as they are prepared and placed on trailers for transport to client locations
- Issue precise receiving, location and shipping reports documenting the condition of the equipment when received and moved into warehouse locations
- Supervise and lead the warehouse teams of up to 4-6 people
Other Essential Requirements
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends if required
- Good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of all applicable Ontario Health and Safety requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent travel between the two-warehouses and client location is required to support and service the client
- Able to work in Canada
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable automobile
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering
- Working towards Engineer in Training (EIT) status
- We provide a comprehensive and competitive compensation package commiserate with experience
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.