AGI is a leading manufacturer of seed, fertilizer, grain, feed and food handling, blending, storage and conditioning equipment. Our brands are amongst the most recognized in global agriculture in both Commercial and Farm sectors. We have manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Brazil, South Africa and Italy, and distribute our products globally. Our product catalog includes augers, belt conveyors, grain storage bins, grain handling accessories, grain aeration equipment, grain drying systems, as well as feed, food and fertilizer handling and storage systems.
As a division of Ag Growth International, the AGI Peace River warehouse assembles and distributes portable grain handling equipment and parts for Westfield, Wheatheart, Batco and REM. We currently have a team of 3 members at our Rycroft location, 70km north of Grande Prairie, AB, which serves our network of dealers in the Peace Country of AB and BC.
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager at Rycroft, the Customer Service Administrator (CSA) will be responsible for assisting the warehouse manager with all warehouse activities, including ensuring the receipt, assembly, co-ordination and safety of goods coming through the facility. Also, the CSA will ensure that all administrative duties are performed to the highest standard, including order creation, inventory management, parts shipping/receiving as well as customer service duties over the phone and in-person.
The Customer Service Administrator will work cooperatively with the other members of the AGI Sales Team including the Territory Sales Representative (TSR), to ensure customer’s needs are being addressed on a timely basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a part of the AGI Peace River warehouse team, the CSA will assume primary responsibility for executing the following goals and tasks:
- Provides first-in-class customer service for walk-in and phone customers including farmers, dealers and agriculture industry members.
- In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, manages the inventory and stock levels of parts and whole goods.
- Coordinates the receipt and distribution of goods coming through the facility.
- Works directly with the AGI factories to receive, record and fulfill orders for goods from AGI product dealers and the Peace River TSR.
- Assists the corresponding AGI division warranty department in retrieval of warranty return parts.
- Provides technical and service support for telephone and in-person inquiries from dealers and end-use customers when needed.
- Keeps the Peace River TSR and Warehouse Manager apprised of any relevant feedback and information received from dealers and end-use customers.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly reporting of assembled and sold product, as required.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in scheduling AGI Service calls.
- Respects all AGI property including the work area, tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Works with the Warehouse Manager to ensure all warehouse activities are completed in an efficient and safe manner – as well as maintaining the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and area around it.
- Performs other duties as required – including assisting with product assembly when required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- High aptitude for customer service.
- Proficient with computers – including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures of agricultural equipment distribution.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks, therefore a degree of creativity and an aptitude for problem-solving is required.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Background in Agriculture and experience in farm equipment sales and distribution is key, but not mandatory.