Listed on the TSX, Ag Growth International Inc. (“AGI”) is a provider of the physical equipment and digital technology solutions required to support global food infrastructure including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed, and food processing systems. With over 4,000 employees worldwide, and facilities and offices in Canada, the United States, Brazil, India, Europe, APAC, Australia and Africa, AGI sells its products globally through a network of wholly owned subsidiaries and third-party dealers and distributors.
The Application Analyst will support various applications in the Enterprise Applications portfolio used by AGI Staff worldwide. The role requires skills in systems analysis, administration, and software development. The Application Analyst must be equally comfortable liaising with the users of the business application, internal AGI IT staff and vendors. This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional adept at systems analysis but also interested in directly building some of the applications. Many of the applications for which the Application Analyst will be responsible are built in SaaS applications like SharePoint, Jira and Salesforce so experience with low-code/no-code tools will be beneficial.
The role can be based out of Winnipeg (MB) or Toronto (ON) in Canada OR Naperville (IL) or Lenexa in (KS) USA, thus candidates from all these locations are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Applications, the Application Analyst will work with internal AGI software developers or vendors for custom applications built using traditional software development languages.
- Build in-depth functional and technical knowledge of the application(s) within their portfolio
- Develop, configure, enhance, and maintain solutions in SharePoint, Jira, Salesforce and other business applications in their portfolio
- Perform triage of incoming IT Service Desk tickets and work with other IT support team members or vendors as needed
- Review and resolve escalated issues in a timely manner
- Build and maintain up-to-date documentation for all applications in the AGI IT Knowledge base
- Plan and participate in testing and quality assurance activities
- Monitor applications and their components across dimensions such as end-user experience, application interfaces, runtime code exceptions, integrations and performance. Recommend enhancements as needed.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support. Proactively share new leading practices.
- Observe and communicate potential application risks and improvements in support of effective issue prevention and risk mitigation
- Maintain and manage user access and privileges for all supported applications and/or technologies
- Set up user access for project teams, and support project teams throughout project lifecycle
- Configure and load external data into applications
- Communicate important information to application users of maintenance outages and recent changes to the applications
- Develop best practices and standard operation procedures for the maintenance of existing and new applications
- Develop training material for end users
- Provide demos and application walk-throughs and training
- Be the primary support contact with third-party application vendors
- Apply subject matter expertise to create, update and verify design documents
- Apply subject matter expertise to create, update and verify integration documentation
- Post-secondary education or a mix of training and experience in Systems Analysis, System Administration, Software Development, Help Desk Support, or Software Application Support
- 3+ years supporting and administering software applications
- Understanding of Application Architecture
- Understanding of SaaS applications and traditional 2-Tier/3-Tier applications
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of low-code / no-code application development
- Understanding of Windows Server, Windows-based networking, DNS and TCP/IP
- Experience in Systems Analysis
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience of any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Jira Software
- Jira Service Management
- Relational Database Management Systems such as SQL Server
- ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Tools
- Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps)
- Vendor Support Management
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, manage and evaluate job tasks
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations
- Ability to work individually and as part of a larger team
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.