AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Product Engineer - Structures will apply theory and principles of structural, civil, and mechanical engineering in designing, planning and overseeing fabrication of steel structures designated at service of various AGI equipment for the North American market.
This role will report directly to the Product Design Manager - NA, and work in close coordination with the wider Global product management & engineering teams on various projects.
- Design of steel towers, catwalks and ancillary structures.
- Ensure the product cost effectiveness by design conception & standardization.
- Meet the product application requirements and manufacturing capabilities
- Assist Application Engineering with sales, quotation, and purchase orders when required.
- Review/draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for the manufacturing of structures.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Respond to manufacturing plant and public suggestions and complaints.
- Conduct materials test and analysis on prototypes using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering with a structural engineering background from an accredited four-year program.
- 5+ years of steel design experience required.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, or similar required.
- RISA, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault preferred.
- Engineer In-Training, Professional License preferred.
- Understanding and application of steel and building codes AISC and ASCE is essential.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are.
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic.
- Strong team player.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.