AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,000 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
As the Director, GPM Plant Equipment & Controls, you will be responsible for active collaboration with the Global Product Management team and participation in the development of product strategizing, product road mapping and product development processes and associated performance metrics across the AGI Product Catalogue.
A highly collaborative role, the Global Product Management Director interacts with key functions such as sales, marketing, and engineering to ensure successful identification of priority products and enhancements, ensure proper resourcing, maximum quality, and profitability for identified opportunities. This role reports directly to the VP of Global Product Management.
- Active collaboration with the Global Product Management Team and participation in the development of product strategizing, product road mapping and product development processes and associated performance metrics across the AGI Product Catalogue.
- Overall responsibility for the AGI Plant Controls product line, including hardware, software, and HMI, supporting the full range of AGI products across Fertilizer, Feed, Grain, Rice, and Food, inclusive of all regions including North America, Brazil, LATAM, EMEA, India, and APAC.
- Responsible for execution of product strategizing, product road mapping, and product development processes and reporting of associated metrics for the product family.
- Responsible for overall competitiveness of the product family, as measured by sales and profitability, including delivered cost, features & benefits, market needs within the competitive landscape
- Responsible for product variants to meet platform (seed, fertilizer, grain, feed and food) and regional market requirements.
- Responsible for product family life cycle management including innovation, product improvements, development.
- Understand and leverage design and manufacturing capabilities and costs across all regions.
- Ownership of all documentation and training material relevant to the product family
- Responsible for overall functionality of the product family, as measured by product adoption, including satisfaction market needs and competitive landscape
- Providing leadership through influence to supporting functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales and manufacturing.
- Providing technical support & materials, and required training and documentation, to sales and marketing teams
- Post Secondary Degree in Electrical Engineering, Process Controls and/or Business
- 10+ years relevant experience in product management and/or product design specific to software and/or hardware. Software development, engineering, or product innovation & development background and agricultural sector backgrounds are assets. Proven success as lead or collaborator in a start up business model.
- Ability to identify priority issues and focus resources accordingly.
- Superior technical and business analysis skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Excellent communication across various levels of the organization
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team providing clear direction, guidance, and development support.
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines and varied business units
- Able to influence without direct reporting authority
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Able to focus and deliver on objectives in a continuously evolving environment
- Experience operating within a matrix organization
- MS Office Proficiency (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams)
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.