Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Director of Global Product Management, Grain Conditioning Products will be responsible for the development and execution of product strategy, product road maps, product development processes and associated performance metrics. In active collaboration with global product design and engineering team, this role will be responsible for maintaining the product family competitiveness by maintaining current knowledge of the competitive landscape and market needs and ensuring that product variants meet global platform and regional requirements. The role will provide coaching and leadership and work in close coordination with global sales, marketing, manufacturing, and sourcing teams, leveraging manufacturing and design capabilities across all regions.
Reporting directly to the VP, Global Product Management, you will be an integral part of the Global Product Management team, working collaboratively with all members towards improving product family competitiveness and reporting on key metrics to be presented to the senior leadership team.
- Leadership of global product management team for Grain Conditioning Products and participation in the development of product strategy, product road maps and product development processes and associated performance metrics across the AGI Product Catalogue
- On a regular cadence, implement profitability and competitive analysis to define and implement actions to improve market share and costs
- Responsible for overall competitiveness of the product family, as measured by sales and profitability, including delivered cost, features & benefits, market needs within the competitive landscape
- Responsible for product variants to meet global platform and regional market requirements.
- Responsible for product family life cycle management including innovation, product improvements, development.
- Understand and leverage design and manufacturing capabilities across all regions and manufacturing locations
- Ownership of all documentation and training material relevant to the product family
- Responsible for overall functionality of the product family, as measured by product adoption, including market needs and competitive landscape
- Lead prioritization of global projects and activities including new product development, value improvement and quality improvement
- Provide leadership through influence to supporting functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, manufacturing, and sourcing
- Provide technical support & materials to marketing and sales teams in development of SCPQ tools and PIM content
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Process or Agricultural Engineering - Required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in product management and/or product design specific to grain conditioning products and systems. Global product management, engineering, or product innovation & development background and agricultural sector backgrounds are assets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead technical and commercial cross functional teams of peers
- Ability to prioritize and manage time in a global work environment
- Superior technical aptitude with the ability to drive system design decisions and lead a team of engineers and designers
- Strong business analysis capabilities with skills to build strategic options and pursue global opportunities
- Strong project management capabilities to drive complex global product development roadmaps and ideas to completion
- Persuasive communication skills leading to effective delivery of message to functional teams, peers, executives, and customers
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines, building consensus and alignment
- Able to influence without direct reporting authority
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving global environment
- Experience in operating within a global matrix organization
- MS Office Proficiency (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams)
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.