AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Director of Global Product Management, Portable Material Handling is responsible for the development and execution of product strategy, product road maps, product development processes and associated performance metrics. In active collaboration with global product design and engineering team, this role is responsible for maintaining the product family competitiveness by maintaining current knowledge of the competitive landscape and market needs and ensuring that product variants meet global platform and regional requirements. Product family this role deals with includes Portable Handling Products including Portable Augers, Portable Belt Conveyors, Portable Seed Treaters, Portable Grain Vacs, Portable Post Pounders and Farm Duty Bin Unloads.
Reporting to the VP Global Product Management, the role provides coaching and leadership and works in close coordination with global sales, marketing, manufacturing, and sourcing teams and leverages manufacturing and design capabilities across all regions.
- Leadership of global product management team for portable material handling products and participation in the development of product strategy, product road maps and product development processes and associated performance metrics across the AGI Product Catalogue
- On a regular cadence, implement profitability and competitive analysis to define and implement actions to improve market share and costs
- Responsible for overall competitiveness of the product family, as measured by sales and profitability, including delivered cost, features & benefits, market needs within the competitive landscape
- Responsible for product variants to meet global platform and regional market requirements.
- Responsible for product family life cycle management including innovation, product improvements, development.
- Understand and leverage design and manufacturing capabilities across all regions and manufacturing locations
- Ownership of all documentation and training material relevant to the product family
- Responsible for overall functionality of the product family, as measured by product adoption, including market needs and competitive landscape
- Lead prioritization of global projects and activities including new product development, value improvement and quality improvement
- Provide leadership through influence to supporting functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, manufacturing, and sourcing
- Provide technical support & materials to marketing and sales teams in development of SCPQ tools and PIM content
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Process or Agricultural Engineering - Required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in product management and/or product design specific to material handling. Global engineering, or product innovation & development background and agricultural sector backgrounds are assets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead technical and commercial cross functional teams of peers
- Ability to prioritize and manage time in a global work environment
- Superior technical aptitude with the ability to drive system design decisions and lead a team of engineers and designers
- Strong business analysis capabilities with skills to build strategic options and pursue global opportunities
- Strong project management capabilities to drive complex global product development roadmaps and ideas to completion
- Persuasive communication skills leading to effective delivery of message to functional teams, peers, executives, and customers
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines, building consensus and alignment
- Able to influence without direct reporting authority
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to thrive and grow in a continuously evolving global environment
- Experience in operating within a global matrix organization
- MS Office Proficiency (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams)
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.