AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment. We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our evening shift production team at our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff.
In this role, you would be responsible for overseeing all production areas during the shift, including but not limited to welding fabrication, processing and paint production. You will provide expertise and knowledge in manufacturing, health and safety and will foster a positive and efficient work atmosphere.
As the Evening Shift Supervisor, you will work closely with shop floor employees and Production Management on the day shift to ensure effective and efficient communication within the team.
This role works collaboratively within the supervisor group, working closely with all day shift supervisors, Production/Operations Management, and the Engineering Team. The Evening Shift Production Supervisor reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Provide leadership, direction and training to evening shift team members to ensure that they can do their jobs successfully
- Maintain a working knowledge of company and safety policies and procedures and adhere to enforcing best practices within the team
- Regular communication with AGI VIS Management to work through any issues or concerns that might arise
- Troubleshoot production and equipment issues when needed
- Strive to continuously improve processes, workflow, and employee relations within all areas
- Guide and manage employees by setting expectations, providing coaching and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Be a ‘go to’ for all evening shift employees and answer questions and concerns in a positive and constructive manner
- Assist in completing annual performance reviews for team members, and addressing employee concerns with Production Management and Human Resources as necessary
- Perform regular quality inspections on the work being performed, to ensure that issues are caught and addressed effectively
- Review drawings as needed to ensure that the information being relayed to the shop team is correct
- Oversee housekeeping during the shift and ensure that the shop is organized before the next shift arrives
- Organize daily work within the team and ensure that the work areas have the necessary tools/material to complete the work
- Monitor inventory levels of equipment, air tools, hand tools, etc. within the shop and notify Production Management if additional or replacement tools are needed
- Interact with internal and external business partners in a professional and respectful manner
- 2+ years in a supervisory role within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of welding, processing and metal fabrication experience
- CWB Supervisor Certification would be an asset
- Solid understanding of production processes and techniques
- Proven track record in employee relations and management with the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of team members
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Comfortable working with different computer programs, with experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Strong team atmosphere
- Benefits and RRSP matching
- Training and development opportunities
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.