AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment. We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products
We are currently looking for a Processing Equipment Operator to join our evening shift team at our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff.
In this role, you would use a variety of tools and machines to safely and accurately cut, trim and punch sheet metal for the Processing Department and Fabrication Team. This role requires concentration, precision and a mechanical aptitude to produce high quality parts and materials.
There will be a requirement for training on the day shift. You will be moved to the evening shift once all training and onboarding has been completed.
This role works collaboratively within the processing area, as well as with the welding fabrication team, warehouse team, shift supervisor and the dayshift processing team members.
- Cuts, punches and trims sheet metal processing equipment to dimensions specified by blueprints, work order, or layout
- Read and understand basic drawings and specifications
- Use basic measuring devices
- Regular operation of the saw and drill press
- Use of hand tools including, but not limited to skill saws and grinders
- Inspect completed cut parts to ensure the material meets the requirements
- Prioritize work assignments with the production workload as set out by the shift supervisor
- Perform all necessary quality checks during production and follow procedures when the parts are defective
- Use of overhead cranes to move materials and parts as needed
- Perform daily operational checks and perform cleanup at beginning and end of shifts
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks daily
- Ability to meet processing production schedule
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Cross train into different areas as needed
- Perform other task as assigned in support of fabrication operations
- High school diploma
- 1+ year in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ year of previous experience operating CNC machines, saws and grinders
- Intermediate math skills (fraction/ decimal calculations)
- Knowledge of steel shapes and types
- Blueprint reading experience and ability
- Previous work experience in a heavy industrial or construction environment is preferred; however, it is not a requirement
- Excellent English reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Highly detail oriented
- Experience with following health and safety procedures
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Premium when working evening shift hours
- Strong team atmosphere
- Benefits and RRSP matching
- Training and development opportunities
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.