AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment. We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products
We are currently looking for a Material Handling – General Laborer to join our evening shift team at our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff.
In this role, you would be responsible for moving products in within the facility between the departments using equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, forklifts and overhead cranes. You will move stock and inventory to fulfill orders and ensure that material is organized for the day shift shipping department. In this role you will prepare items for shipping and/or storage and will conduct visual inspections to ensure that imperfections are flagged and addressed with the shift supervisor.
This role works collaboratively with all departments and employees within the shop, as well as with the shift supervisor and day shift shipping team members. The Material Handling General Laborer reports directly to the shift supervisor.
- Complete tasks while adhering to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Building of custom crates and packaging for AGI components and prepare them for shipping
- Use of heavy equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to load trucks and move equipment to and from shipping area, paint area and yard storage
- Drive company vehicles and trucks
- Ensure material is placed on appropriate pallets/crates and secured for shipment
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and work with the Evening Shift Supervisor and other team members to resolve concerns
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing equipment inspections and identifying needed repairs with the Evening Shift Supervisor
- Work with the Evening Shift Supervisor to ensure warehouse and yard space is utilized to the best of its ability
- Use of hand tools including, but not limited to saws, strapping tools and other sorted hand tools to accomplish tasks
- Visual inspections and report of any visible imperfections (bolts, touch ups, irregularities etc.)
- Label and tag equipment as directed
- Ability to follow and meet instructions
- Maintain and clean shipping area as well the yard storage locations
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned (yard arrangements, paint touch ups, unloading receiving trucks etc.)
- Some overtime may be required
- 2+ years of material handling experience
- 1 year of shipping experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- High level of English reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Ability to work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, company rules, policies and procedures
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Have a valid driver’s license (abstract required upon hire)
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Strong team atmosphere
- Benefits and RRSP matching
- Training and development opportunities
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.