AGI is a global food infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Through a comprehensive network of knowledgeable and highly skilled dealers, distributors and strategically located warehouse facilities, AGI serves both domestic and international customers. AGI takes a collaborative approach within the Westfield, Batco, Rem and Hutchinson Mayrath product offerings that considers all stakeholder requirements to satisfy the unique needs of our customers.
AGI is in search of a new Customer Experience Manager at our Boone, IA location. This Customer Experience Manager will report to AGI’s Portable Handling Products Group and will be charged with developing, overseeing and providing support of the customer experience activities for the AGI North American portable handling customer base. Additionally, they will respond to escalated customer requests and questions including, but not limited to technical, or complex service, product offerings, account status, and/or orders and related delivery timelines. Furthermore, this person will train and develop staff on efficient customer experience procedures, tools and techniques and best practices. Superior communication skills, including active listening and a service orientated approach will be key in delivering a successful customer experience.
The Customer Experience Manager is based out of the Boone, IA Customer Experience Center, and reports to the Customer Service Manager for Ag Growth’s Portable Grain Handling Products.
This dynamic team of currently 7-10 Customer Experience Agents provides best class customer service to our North American portable handling customer base. They will work collectively with Dealers, Customers and other Regional Sales Representatives across AGI to meet the growing needs of our customers.
The Customer Experience Manager will develop and execute strategic plans to promote best in class customer satisfaction. More specifically, the Customer Experience Manager will:
- Grow and develop the AGI North American Customer Experience Center utilizing best practices for onboarding, employee engagement, feedback, data and scheduling.
- Interacts with customers via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide escalated customer solutions and support.
- Responds to customer requests and questions including, but not limited to technical, or complex service, product offerings, account status, and/or orders and related delivery timelines.
- Analyzes and resolves customer concerns using established procedures and best practices.
- Troubleshoots and resolves non-routine customer complaints. Escalates issues to next level as required.
- Manages and maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments. Provides feedback for continuous improvement in order to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction.
- Follow up with Customer Experience Agents for status updates, and to ensure prioritization and delegation of issues as needed.
- Contributes to positive company image by promoting and selling products and services, while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Maintain and update training documents, standard operating procedures and work instructions for the Customer Experience Center.
- Approve employee timecards, deliver performance reviews including goal setting and completion of objectives and tasks, and ensure employee and document confidentiality.
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
Candidates for the Customer Experience Manager will:
- Possess customer service, sales and business acumen, ideally coupled with a Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Business or equivalent degree.
- Have demonstrated achievements in leading and growing customer experience centers, and training for success.
- Have some demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial statements, and how to read and interpret them.
- Have a proven history of managing complex situations and customer interactions
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have superior customer relationship skills, including active listening.
- Be open to relocation
The Personal Characteristics
The Customer Experience Manager will be characterized by the following traits:
- Results Oriented – is focused on results with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail, zeroing in on the issues and pushing self and others to get the job done.
- Passionate & Energetic – is a self-starter with a high level of engagement with an enthusiasm for the business.
- Customer Focused – passionately committed to delighting the customer, exceeding their expectations and creating win-win agreements between the company and the customer.
- Fluid & Flexible – able to adapt to changing business conditions with ease and effectiveness.
- Trust Building – takes time to get to know the organization, invests in relationships and keeps commitments in order to build mutual trust.
- Courageous – willing to make the tough call for the sake of what’s best for the business and not afraid to drive needed change even when resistance is strong. Comfortable offering fresh perspectives from an outside point of view.
- Creative/Innovative – enjoys confronting challenges and exploring opportunities and can think differently about solutions and courses of action. Sees things from multiple angles and can identify new revenue streams and opportunities for increased profitability.
- Risk Taking – will move the business beyond its comfort zone when the facts indicate that it is the right thing to do.
- Intellectually Agile – possesses intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex business issues, and is able to engage effectively on a broad range of topics.
Ideally, candidates will be comfortable, through either professional or personal experience, working in the agricultural market segment, but this is most certainly not a requirement.
AGI provides a competitive pay and benefit package, including Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Match, 401K and employer contributions, as well as many other benefits.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.