AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Through a comprehensive network of knowledgeable and highly skilled dealers, distributors and strategically located warehouse facilities, AGI serves both domestic and international customers. AGI takes a collaborative approach within the Westfield, Batco, Rem and Hutchinson Mayrath product offerings that considers all stakeholder requirements to satisfy the unique needs of our customers.
AGI is in search of a new Customer Experience Agent at our Boone, IA location. The Customer Experience Agent will report to AGI’s Customer Experience Manager for the Portable Grain Handling product group. The Customer Experience Agent will interact with customers via phone, email, and/or chat functionality. Additionally, they will respond to questions and inquiries including, but not limited to technical, or complex service, product offerings, account status, and/or orders and related delivery timelines. Superior communication skills, including active listening and a service orientated approach will be key in delivering a successful customer experience.
The Customer Experience Agent is based out of the Boone, IA Customer Experience Center, and reports to the Customer Experience Manager.
This dynamic team of currently 7-10 Customer Experience Agents provides best in class customer service to our North American Portable Grain Handling customer base. They will work collectively with Dealers, Customers and other Regional Sales Representatives across AGI to meet the growing needs of our customers.
The Customer Experience Agent will deliver and promote best in class customer satisfaction. More specifically, the Customer Experience Agent will:
- Interact with customers via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide support and information on products and related services.
- Respond to customer requests and questions including, but not limited to technical, or complex service, product offerings, account status, and/or orders and related delivery timelines.
- Analyze and resolve customer concerns using established procedures. Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints. Escalate issues to next level staff as needed.
- Maintain customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Ensure action and follow up to resolve customer issues
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement in order to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction.
- Contact business customers to promote and sell our services and to maintain customer loyalty.
- Assist with brochures or other catalog related materials for publication
- Perform additional related duties as requested or required.
Candidates for the Customer Experience Agent will:
- Possess customer service, sales and business acumen, ideally coupled with an Associate’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Business or equivalent degree.
- Have a proven history of dealing with complex situations and customer interactions
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have superior customer relationship skills, including active listening
The Personal Characteristics
The Customer Experience Agent will be characterized by the following traits:
- Results Oriented – is focused on results with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail, zeroing in on the issues and pushing self to get the job done.
- Passionate & Energetic – is a self-starter with a high level of engagement with an enthusiasm for the business.
- Customer Focused – passionately committed to delighting the customer, exceeding their expectations and creating win-win agreements between the company and the customer.
- Fluid & Flexible – able to adapt to changing business conditions with ease and effectiveness.
- Trust Building – takes time to get to know the organization, invests in relationships and keeps commitments in order to build mutual trust.
- Courageous – willing to make the tough call for the sake of what’s best for the business and not afraid to drive needed change even when resistance is strong. Comfortable offering fresh perspectives from an outside point of view.
- Creative/Innovative – enjoys confronting challenges and exploring opportunities and can think differently about solutions and courses of action. Sees things from multiple angles and can identify new revenue streams and opportunities for increased profitability.
- Risk Taking – will move the business beyond its comfort zone when the facts indicate that it is the right thing to do.
- Intellectually Agile – possesses intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues, and is able to engage effectively on a broad range of topics.
What’s In It For You
Ideally, candidates will be comfortable, through either professional or personal experience, working in the agricultural market segment, but this is most certainly not a requirement.
AGI provides a competitive pay and benefit package, including Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Match, 401K and employer contributions, as well as many other benefits.