Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Our digital offerings enable more visibility into the agriculture supply chain (field to fork), improve efficiencies, increase safety, and reduce risk through remote sensing and automated alerting. We enable many of the unique digital documentation functionalities to be presented within our partners existing digital offerings.
We are actively seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Lenexa. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and reporting financial results, budgets, forecasts, and strategic planning. This associate will help ensure the annual business plan and periodic forecast processes meet business objectives, providing timely, accurate and consistent financial reporting.
You will work closely with and report to the Director of Finance. You will work in collaboration with management staff by providing accurate information in the areas of costs, budgets, forecasting and to do so in an efficient manner.
- Perform budgeting vs actual variance analysis for various levels of management
- Develop budget with business leads and Director of Finance
- Develop EBITDA forecasting models with business leads and re-forecasting monthly
- Prepare monthly management reports on financial results, and key KPI reporting
- Automate key KPI reporting through Power BI
- Communicate effectively with Director of Finance as well as business leads and senior management
- Support month-, quarter- and year-end accounting activities, ensuring they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage employee expense reports and coding through Concur
- Assist in the preparation of year end and statutory audits, and coordinate with the auditor on their requests
- Identify opportunities to improve accounting and control processes, with a focus on building efficiency and effectiveness and present to the Director of Finance for consideration
- Assist on new projects and other ad-hoc assignments as necessary including developing and reviewing process flows with the Director of Finance
- Respond on a timely basis to requests for data and reporting from Corporate and work closely with the corporate finance team when required
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Reconcile all credit Card accounts and Expense Reimbursements to ensure all expenditures are coded appropriately, adhere to company policy, and ensure approvals are in place
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Certified public accountant (CPA) license
- 5+ years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP procedures, practices and concepts
- Experience with process improvement an asset.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP system and ERP system implementation would be considered an asset.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.