Listed on the TSX, Ag Growth International Inc. (“AGI”) is a provider of the physical equipment and digital technology solutions required to support global food infrastructure including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed, and food processing systems. With over 4,000 employees worldwide, and facilities and offices in Canada, the United States, Brazil, India, Europe, APAC, Australia and Africa, AGI sells its products globally through a network of wholly owned subsidiaries and third-party dealers and distributors.
As the Internal Auditor, you will help build our internal audit function. You will carry out our internal audit program that identifies the key risks at the company, including internal controls over financial reporting (National Instrument 52-109 compliance), and then ensure the controls are appropriately tested and reported on in compliance with all regulatory and internal company policies.
Note: This role can be based out of Winnipeg, Toronto or Chicago, so candidates from all these locations are encouraged to apply.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting and Internal Controls, you will be an integral member of the AGI Internal Audit team, working towards building and strengthening our internal audit function.
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization's business, processes and controls and identify actions necessary to manage risks.
- Collaborate with Finance and other relevant business functions to clearly define relevant risks, controls and related assurance activities to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies, procedures and standard processes.
- Assist in the preparation of the Internal Audit Plan and presentations to the Audit Committee including quarterly status reports.
- Carry out the approved Internal Audit plan and utilizing appropriately skilled internal and external resources as required.
- Provide assurance to the Audit Committee and Executive Management that appropriate financial and operational controls are in place within the organization.
- Assist in the development to of the annual internal controls compliance plan.
- Carry out controls testing to assess the effective design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting including application controls and IT general controls.
- Assist in the development of internal controls documentation.
- Develop and carry out appropriate follow-up procedures to monitor the implementation of remediation items.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the Audit Committee including quarterly status reports.
- Maintain strong working relationship with External Auditor to ensure alignment in methodologies and coordination of assurance activities;
- Work collaboratively with corporate and regional financial leaders;
- Assist in the KPI development for tracking and measuring;
- Effectively lead change in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting complemented by one or more of the following designations: Chartered Professional Account (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the audit or compliance areas.
- Strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Experience with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting methodologies and risk management activities.
- Ability to thrive in a hands-on entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information very confidential.
- A very high level of integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership for customer service and be a self-starter who is motivated internally to set high standards of performance.
- Work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communicator as well as a visual eye for presentation and confident in dealing with all people at all levels up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Very structured approach to prioritizing and ensuring that multiple priorities and customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Adept at exercising discretion, maintaining confidentiality, and building trust.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience.
- Experience working with a public company, a multi-national company with international experience, and/or a manufacturing environment with various cost model are a plus.
- Exceptional proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP financial reporting systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.