AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Group Controller will oversee the day-to-day financial activities and monitor financial performance of all revenue and expense categories of the specified operating divisions.
Reporting to the VP of Internal Reporting, this role will work with other Group Controllers, Director of Tax & Director of Financial Reporting.
- Oversight of divisional activities, including but not limited to:
- weekly/monthly forecasting (EBITDA & Cash)
- monthly preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- monthly variance analysis to budget & prior year
- monthly A/R collection review
- monthly/quarterly preparation of operational review packages
- quarterly review of inventory count
- quarterly/annual preparation for audit
- annual preparation/compile of operating budget
- annual review of capex budget
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial information for consolidated reporting at parent company
- Participation in divisional monthly/quarterly operational reviews (physical attendance at division where possible)
- Responsible to guide division in continuous improvement of monthly reporting, inventory accuracy & control, MRP system procedures and operational support
- Physical observation of divisional quarterly inventory counts (where possible)
- Evaluation of work performance of reporting personnel
- Management or participation in division level or AGI special projects
- In depth knowledge of complex/manufacturing accounting:
- Buy vs make
- Job costing / Routing
- Overhead analysis and calculation
- Margin by customer/product/project
- Performance detailed business analysis & reporting on key financial matters and initiatives
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance with a CPA designation.
- 7+ years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- Experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Office 365 and working with ERP systems and implementations.
- Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least once every month.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.