Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent will also manage reporting functions within AGI's consolidation software.
Manage reporting function of the Company’s consolidation software, including:
- Oversee the design and testing of financial reports using the Consolidation software to address Senior Leadership and Divisional operational/financial reporting needs.
- Assist in preparing cash flows, operating budget/forecasts, and ad hoc financial reporting throughout the year to support the Finance team and ensure Company operational objectives are met.
- Prepare journal entries and consolidated reports.
- Ensure information held within the software is continuously up-to-date and address software issues.
Assist with the quarterly and annual external reporting for AGI, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
Assist in drafting financial statement and note disclosures for public reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s annual report, Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), and other regulatory reporting as required.
- Prepare audit working papers and work with external auditors.
Research accounting policies and IFRS standards and prepare position papers.
- Accounting for capital assets, leases under IFRS 16, and intangible assets.
Work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance and efficiencies in financial reporting and operations.
Other duties as required
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Strong ability to improve processes and develop a robust framework to enable fast growth.
- Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience in Longview Consolidation Tool is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Problem solver who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, good communication skills and a team player.
- Available for international travel.
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills, experience, and qualifications. This position is based in Winnipeg, MB. Please include a cover letter.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.