AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Hi Roller manufactures a line of premier commercial enclosed, dust-tight and self-reloading conveyors, designed for installation in grain handling facilities, soy and corn processing operations and industrial operations. They specialize exclusively in the design and application of conveyors which will not only contain dust and spilled materials, but will also automatically reload that material back on the carrying surface of the belt.
In this role, you will be responsible to manage the accounting and finance functions for the division. This will include oversight of general ledger functions, monthly financial statements and the management of documents and job tasks that feed into those areas. A significant focus of this position will be on improved ERP processes that touch all aspects of the manufacturing facility.
The role will report directly into the General Manager at AGI Hi Roller and indirectly to the AGI Finance Team in Winnipeg, working cooperatively with all team members inside AGI Hi Roller and other AGI divisions as well as customers and suppliers.
- Provides leadership and day to day supervision as it relates to accounting and costing functions, including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare annual budgets and regular forecasts for revenue, expenses, capital assets, cash and working capital.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and supporting schedules, ensuring entries and work occurs in a timely and accurate manner. Presents these items at meetings held.
- Performs detailed review of sales orders, comparing quoted margins to actual margins, understand material and labor cost variances.
- Play a key role in the implementation and maintenance of m2m or other ERP system, supporting finance and operations.
- Understand bills of material and routings and how they flow through the ERP system.
- Understand job orders and processes to issue material and labor.
- Identify and implement process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- Ensures documents and practices surrounding material integrity and inventory/asset management are in place and effective.
- Ensure compliance with applicable sales and use taxes as well as assist in preparation of annual income tax packages.
- Works closely with the Management team to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Works closely with local office team members as well as with AGI team members and external auditors or accountants.
- Maintains confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters.
- Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance. Preference to those with an accounting designation or comparable experience.
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- Experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Office 365 and working with ERP systems and implementations.
- Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.