AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Sioux Falls, SD – Hi Roller® manufactures a line of premier commercial enclosed, dust-tight and self-reloading conveyors, designed for installation in grain handling facilities, soy and corn processing operations and industrial operations. As part of our success, we need the best and most talented employees in the world.
As the Hi Roller Cost Accountant, you will assist with the accounting and finance functions for the division. This position will be focused on production costs, inventory movement, analyzing margins, and managing the data in and out of the ERP system.
This role will report directly to the Divisional General Manager and work in close coordination with the Division Controller and the corporate finance team.
- Review and analyze job orders, inventory transactions, and ensure controls over inventory and asset management are in place and effective, including managing inventory counts and periodic capital asset reviews and reconciliations with fixed asset system.
- Monitor all data in and out of ERP systems, make recommendations on processes and transactions impacting ERP on material and labor transactions within inventory and job orders.
- Monitor inventory costing of purchased parts, rolled up costs of manufactured parts, overhead rates, and slow-moving inventories
- Perform margin analysis by part / product line / customer as required and make suggestions for improvement in all areas.
- Review and analyze quotes to understand and challenge planned margins.
- Evaluate make vs buy production decisions and buy vs lease capex decisions.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the margin by customer and by product.
- Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance. Preference to those with an accounting designation or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- ERP manufacturing software knowledge required
- Past experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office essential.
- Experience with or exposure to Salesforce (or like CRM) and consolidation software would be considered a definite asset
- Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
- Ability to plan, assign and evaluate job tasks.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Analytical thinking and ability to pay attention to detail.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.