To assist with the accounting and finance functions for the division. The Financial Analyst supports the Division Controller with planning, coordinating, and managing day-to-day financial, accounting, costing, budgeting, forecasting and office administration.
This position will be focused on production costing, margin analysis, assist with customer pricing and material costing. In addition to daily costing analysis, the Financial Analyst will closely monitor capex and other projects as directed by the Division Controller and General Manager.
REPORTING/INTERACTION WITH OTHER STAFF:
- Work is performed under the direction of the Division Controller and General Manager with support from the AGI Swift Current Group Controller & the Director of Finance/AGI in Winnipeg.
- Works cooperatively with all AGI Swift Current team members inside the division and other AGI divisions as well as customers and suppliers.
- Including, but not limited to the following:
- Perform margin analysis by part / product line / customer as required and make suggestions for improvement in all areas.
- Assist with price list and sales program evaluations for current and upcoming seasons
- Review and analyze quotes, sales orders, approve customer invoices and customer payments, and perform collection activities.
- Review and analyze purchase orders, receiving of goods and vendor invoices
- Review and analyze job orders, inventory transactions and ensure controls over inventory / asset management are in place and effective, including participating in inventory counts and periodic capital asset reviews and reconciliations with fixed asset system.
- Evaluate make vs buy production decisions and buy vs lease capex decisions.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the monthly financial statements.
- Analyze and participate in preparation of budgets and forecasts pertaining to cash flows, operating/divisional performance and capex throughout the year.
- Perform scenario analysis on the above budgets/forecasts to determine impact of varying inputs such as customer pricing and input costs
- Perform variance analysis of results compared to budget, prior year, and regular forecasts – on a summary and detailed level. Make suggestions for improvement and corrective action
- Maintains confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters.
- Cooperate with all areas within the division and other areas of the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department, division and company objectives are met.
- Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
- Ability to plan, assign and evaluate job tasks.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Analytical thinking and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Post-secondary education in the area of accounting or finance and an accounting designation.
- 3 + years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- ERP manufacturing and statement consolidation software knowledge required
- Past experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office essential.
Experience with or exposure to Salesforce (or like CRM) and consolidation software would be considered a definite asset