Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Fertilizer Systems designs, builds, and installs fertilizer handling equipment and material handling equipment worldwide. AGI Fertilizer Systems is full-service company with experienced engineering, design, production, installation, transportation, and technical personnel to serve this industry. Specializing in putting customers in control as the leading manufacturer of automation blending and material handling systems for the agriculture, fuel and aerial industries.
We are actively seeking a Systems Engineer for AGI Fertilizer Systems, a division of AGI. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support to employees and customers, and ultimately drive complete resolution to complex issues.
You will work closely with and report to the AGI Fertilizer Systems Engineering Lead. You will collaborate closely with a comprehensive support team of engineers, project managers and operations team members.
- Utilize standard products and designs developed by the Product Engineering team to develop systems to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain a customer focus
- Provide pre-sales drawings, general arrangement drawings, installation drawings and as built drawings.
- Review sales/project releases to ensure the project information and quote is accurate, complete and meets customer requirements.
- Develop a team of product application experts. Utilize these experts to provide system designs to meet or exceed all customer requirements and quoted parameters.
- Raise concern and/or reject applications/opportunities where excessive risk exists or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate all applications to ensure they meet corporate guidelines
- Represent Yargus Engineering in project meetings with customers, cross divisional or corporate.
- Responsible for the communication with all internal parties if the system deviates from the sales order (this is our trigger for a change order whether it’s a credit or debit)
- Provide market feedback/requirements to the Product Engineering team.
- Owner of engineering communication with 3rd party equipment/structure suppliers
- Support aftermarket team, customers or contractors with engineering related installation questions
- Represent the System/Application Engineering Team in meetings
- Verify the system/application is designed per the sales order
- Ensure all approval prints meet relevant corporate requirements (i.e. EP01-EP06)
- Ensure all commodities handled are per corporate approved product list
- Act as assigned engineer (per corporate standards): bearing the responsibility as the engineer of record for the equipment, and therefor has final authority on the conditions used in the design.
- Identify errors in quoting and/or evaluate change order requirements
- Work diligently with entire engineering department and fabrication shop on issues to prevent decreases in quality and efficiency rates in the plant.
- Communicate daily with engineers and floor supervisors and production management on any concerns that influence required delivery dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.