AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
This role is responsible to control manufacturing processes through established processes and procedures, develop standard work to build quality into product and to reduce scrap and customer complaints. The role also entails analyzing production data to drive decisions and continuous improvement along with supporting ISO 9001 quality system implementation and sustainment and developing quality training programs for new hires and current employees.
Reporting directly into the Quality Supervisor, this role is an integral part of the Quality team working collaboratively to maintain standards and achieve continuous improvement and innovation.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Recommend solutions to quality problems.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation including technical transfer protocols or reports.
- Write or revise standard quality control operating procedures and method sheets.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Develop and qualify new testing methods.
- Evaluate new technologies and methods to make recommendations regarding their use.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Utilize lean methodology to identify and eliminate waste in the production process.
- Possess a thorough understanding of lean concepts and easily apply them to the manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows, utilizing lean manufacturing concepts, to identify areas that could benefit from improvements.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards, and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; and estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; effectively summarize results for management review and decision making.
- Train and guide technicians and operators as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5+ years quality experience in a manufacturing setting required. Experience with ISO 9001, measuring systems, and APQP preferred. CQE certification preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.