Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Danmare provides engineering solutions and project management services to the food industry. Danmare specializes in automated systems for pet food, rice and pasta, confectionery ready-to-eat foods, sauces, and meat processing.
The Senior Project Management Director will be responsible to oversee and drive multiple projects in a food manufacturing setting.
Travel component may be 20% of total time, but this percentage is project dependent. While Danmare tries to minimize travel, the percentage is project dependent and Danmare has implemented programs to compensate for time away.
The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of over fifty-five Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
- Lead major projects by include overseeing that the Project Teams identify all equipment capabilities, utility & infrastructure requirements, and developing Process Flow Diagrams and layout concepts.
- Regularly inspect installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs. Regularly inspect that contractor’s appropriate management is place including adherence to client safety measures.
- Standardize project execution process
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments, and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately through team resources, utilizing best practice project management standards
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Principals as required
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Inform Principal of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Manage to budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for Danmare.
- Recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization’s processes and establish best practices through regular inspection and feedback mechanisms from PM team
- University Degree in Engineering, Additional Project Management or Business Management education is an asset
- 10+ years previous project engineering and project management experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary, in the Food Manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of CFIA, FDA and USDA food equipment and design standards.
- Understanding food plant Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), area designations, clean design requirements and the impact to process and equipment layout designs.
- Member of PEO and / or other related professional organizations.
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis
- Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate Senior Management decision making
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines, and at senior levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality communications and documents
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Advanced skills with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.