Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 4,000 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Danmare provides engineering solutions and project management services to the food industry. Danmare specializes in automated systems for pet food, rice and pasta, confectionery ready-to-eat foods, sauces and meat processing.
The Senior Project Director will recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization's processes and establish best practices. Using his/her ability to organize and lead meetings to accomplish objectives.
The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of over fifty-five Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
- Strengthen relations with existing clients particularly with the client’s senior management team
- Build strategic relationships with other engineering firms for synergistic and complimentary services such as sub-contracting, design, etc.
- Contribute to the growth of Danmare across Canada and the United States
- Develop various sources of revenue streams, such as turn-key projects or other value-added services.
- Fully understand and identify opportunities to develop the Danmare team capabilities to meet current and future project needs and requirements
- Provide regular updates to the principals of clients regarding successes or challenges to be addressed on a priority basis, and as requested
- Develop and deliver presentations to potential clients, and to clients regarding project status, next steps, and potential future projects
- Lead major projects, over-seeing project teams, identify all equipment capabilities, utility & infrastructure requirements, and develop Process Flow Diagrams and layout concepts.
- Coach and mentor team members, providing regular performance reviews, and feedback to ensure alignment of goals, deliverables exceptional performance
- Regularly inspect installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs. Regularly inspect that contractor’s appropriate management is in place, including adherence to client safety measures.
- Standardize project execution process
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments, and results.
- Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately through team resources, utilizing best practice project management standards
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Principals as required
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Results orientated; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion
- Partner with VP, GMs, and Senior executives to determine how to provide value added services to our clients which will contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategic plans, goals, and vision
- Collaborate with members of the Senior Leadership Team, building strong partnerships with leaders across the organization
- Enhance our reputation with our client base, by delivering project deliverables, maintain positive relationships, leading to additional business opportunities
- Provide technical leadership for the design and execution of projects
- Develop and manage budgets related to engineering team resourcing and projects
- University Degree in Engineering, supplemented with Project Management and/or Business Management education is an asset
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years previous project engineering and project management experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary, in the food manufacturing and pet food/nutrition sectors
- Working knowledge of CFIA, FDA and USDA food equipment and design standards.
- Understanding food plant Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), area designations, clean design requirements and the impact to process and equipment layout designs.
- Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Travel component may be 20% of total time, but this percentage is Project dependant. While Danmare tries to minimize travel, the percentage is project dependant and Danmare has implemented programs to compensate for time away.
- Member of, and in good standing with the PEO and/or other related professional organizations.
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines, and at senior levels
- Advanced skills using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality communications and documents
- Effective time management and organizational skills
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.