AGI Danmare Group specializes in the food processing and beverage industry. Over the past fifteen years, clients have enlisted our expert team to manage numerous challenging projects from start to finish, taking a flexible and collaborative approach that considers all stakeholder requirements as well as the safety of everyone involved. Our skilled team of professionals will manage the process design, equipment specifications, factory layout, equipment qualifications, construction and installations, project timelines, and maintain budget integrity, oversee vendors, address unexpected concerns and implement the results we promised – in short, everything you would expect from a company that consistently brings complex projects to fruition on time and within budget.
Our continued success in our industry has been leveraged by our inclusion in the AGI group of businesses. AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering, and manufacturing of full solutions and systems in the agriculture industry, partnering with customers on 6 continents to offer unique market solutions.
AGI Danmare Group is comprised by a team of sixty+ Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
Senior Plant Layout Designer
The Senior Plant Layout and Piping Designer will be experienced in preparing clear, complete, detailed, and accurate drawing packages from concept/FEED stage to IFC. The candidate shall lead project design assignments and contribute to the implementation of standards and best practices for drawing uniformity. A solid understanding of Plant Layout, Mechanical and Piping Design/Drafting techniques and engineering terminology is required. The successful applicant will have a drafting background and specialize in 2D & 3D AutoCAD and Autodesk Plant 3D. BIM360, Revit and Revit MEP experience definite asset. Experience in Food Industry a definite asset.
- 3D modelling for Equipment, Piping, Support Structures, Electrical Cable Trays and conduits routing.
- Coordinate the 3D laser scanning activities and incorporating point cloud data into 3D models for clash detection, interferences, etc.
- Learn and apply the DANMARE CADD Standards document to all drawings. Recommend improvements as required.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Review and approve vendor equipment approval drawings. Incorporate in design.
- Incorporate vendor equipment drawings into 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Work in a team environment and alert Project Engineers as to any layout issues that may exist in a drawing.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, NFPA, OSHA standards.
- Can prepare drawings required for building and other city permitting processes.
- Site verifications as required.
- Identify and communicate any deviations from scope of work.
- Ability to lead project design, distribute and check other team members work.
- Ability to attend in a professional manner client and vendor meetings.
- Participate and/or lead design review meetings. Strong presentation and communication skills required.
- Utilize knowledge of various drafting packages and software to complete drawings.
- Prepare drawings utilized for tender documents which range from mechanical or electrical equipment installations to custom equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages for construction and installation contractors
Other Essential Responsibilities
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with DANMARE management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Work in a productive manner.
- Produce work which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Design, Mechanical or Architectural Engineering and/or Technology.
- 10+ years of previous Design experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Experience in working with small to large scale projects.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- General knowledge/understanding of all related engineering fields.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
Compensation: Competitive compensation, benefits, RSP/retirement, and ESP programs
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.