AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
As the Senior Engineer, you will collaborate with clients to clarify project deliverables, developing project ideas and design options to ensure customer satisfaction and successful completion of the projects. In addition to this, you will manage teams consisting of project engineers, designers, contractors, and vendors and contribute towards providing the best quality service to our clients.
Our team is comprised of a diverse and multi-disciplinary disciplines individuals, professional engineers, designers, project managers, who have extensive experiences leading, and managing multimillion dollar projects for clients who are leaders in their respective industries.
- Work independently to manage a diverse group of professionals, and disciplines, executing projects for green field and brown field sites ensuring work is completed on time, on budget, within scope meeting the client objectives.
- Collaborate with clients to clarify project deliverables, developing project ideas and design options to ensure customer satisfaction and successful completion of the project.
- Prepare and manage schedules, budget, installation supervision, and commissioning for projects.
- Identify equipment capabilities, utilities, infrastructure requirements, develop PFDs and P&IDs.
- Provide technical guidance during project design and implementation, including commissioning & process qualification, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration.
- Managing, coach and mentor direct reports on a project team.
- Led and manage teams consisting of project engineers, designers, contractors, and vendors.
- Create and manage project budgets in partnership with clients.
- Prepare and issue tender documents to 3rd party vendors/contractors, and completing the process with awarding tenders.
- Managing activities associated with project execution including equipment delivery, installation schedule, managing and updating key stakeholders, and onsite construction management.
- Manage pre-engineering design work for process and packaging elements of projects.
- Prepare scope of work parameters, contractor, and vendor criteria selection.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of process flow diagrams and plant layout drawings.
- Prepare reports to indicate project progress, budget status and risk analysis.
- Manage contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors to ensure compliance to all safety regulations, codes, standards, and adherence to client requirements.
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development of Engineering check-out, equipment acceptance testing, start-up and validation documents.
- Working knowledge of TSSA, CSA, CFIA, and USDA, equipment clean design requirements.
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical or Civil
- Professional Engineer status
- 7+ years of relevant Project Engineering experience to drive and manage multiple projects for a variety of clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries.
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft suite and Visio
- Project concept development, design, procurement, and installation of equipment
- Construction/contractor management, commissioning, and validation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 40% travel maybe required to support and service our clients
- Valid driver’s license, and passport. US Based projects may require relocation for a period of 9 to 12 months must be able to relocate if required during this period
How to Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired