AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Improtech specializes in the design, commissioning and implementation of processes for food, dairy and beverage industries. Clients are provided with a full range of services including troubleshooting, conceptual design, machine fabrication and installation, project management, commissioning, and training.
In this role, you will support the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager at our client’s site and help manage end to end delivery of capital projects. The projects will cover a range of complexities and disciplines based on the needs of the factory. These include innovation, process, utilities, packaging, safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, environmental and logistics.
You will report to the Client’s Engineering Manager, Project Engineer and Improtech’s project lead.
- Analyze, design, and implement cost savings initiatives, including energy and utility audits
- Perform feasibility studies and process designs for new product launches, facility upgrades and process improvements
- Frequent application of engineering fundamentals namely in the areas of fluid dynamics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Design and implement custom CIP (Clean in Place) systems
- Perform field measurements to quantify design requirements
- Research and apply relevant codes and regulations
- Compose reports on recommendations to improve processes
- Draft and oversee drafting of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Draft AutoCAD layouts for new equipment or equipment modifications
- Compose control narratives to assist in programming of processes as per customer requirements
- Regularly complete continuing education engineering and technical courses to further develop subject matter expertise and stay up to date with new technologies
- Manage projects to ensure that subordinates, contractors and suppliers meet their targets
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management and to clients
- Maintain project contract terms and conditions to ensure project activities are aligned
- Coordinate and support implementation of contractor safety systems
- Regularly meet with customers to establish project scope, provide status updates, and explain final designs and recommendations
- Maintain accountability with respect to project timeframes, quality standards, and budgets
- Develop and update project requirements and specifications
- Collaborate with factory stakeholders and departments (Safety, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Logistics)
- Support Client’s project engineering team to estimate costs, analyze options, build business cases, critique designs, manage construction, installation, commissioning and handover projects to the factory
- Lead activities in Client’s safety, quality, environmental, maintenance, and continuous improvement programs
- Support root cause analysis on engineering issues and understanding of required plant improvements
- Support end to end delivery of multiple capital projects adapting to Client’s project management tools and standards. This includes Early Equipment Management (EEM) approach, preparing Action Tracker List and power point presentations
- Ensure that safety is your number one value and respect Client’s covid protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Over 2 years mechanical engineering experience in the beverage, dairy and food industries
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledge of MS Project is an asset
- Well organized, self-motivated capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, hard worker, and team player
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
- Production floor experience and/or exposure to the food and beverage business is an asset
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required to effectively manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- A valid Ontario driver’s license - travel maybe required to support and service our clients at their premises
- A valid passport
- Professional Engineer designation
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.