Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Danmare provides engineering solutions and project management services to the food industry. Danmare specializes in automated systems for pet food, rice and pasta, confectionery ready-to-eat foods, sauces and meat processing.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for designing mechanical systems and equipment selection for use in various types of food or beverage plants. You will also work on improving efficiencies in the existing processes.
The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of over fifty-five Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
- Design mechanical systems and equipment selection for use in various types of food or beverage plants including HVAC (offices/production areas, heat loss/gain, duct design), drainage (storm, sanitary, process sanitary, grease interceptors) and plumbing systems involving domestic hot/cold water, hydronic heating and cooling/glycol systems. Process hot water and steam boilers equipment selection, including steam/condensate piping design and component selection.
- Familiar with the applicable Building Codes (BC) and can reference and check BC standards Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Determine budget requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations as well as monitor and be responsible for budgets throughout the project.
- Work closely with architectural, electrical, civil, and structural disciplines to ensure building projects are completed to client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs.
- Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Assist with the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, Start-up/Validation documents.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments and results.
- Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners
- Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of previous design of HVAC and utilities, project installation and start-up experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Experience in food and beverage, pharmaceutical, or other sanitary environments is a plus
- Understanding food plant Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), area designations, clean design requirements and the impact to process and equipment layout designs.
- Member of PEO and / or other related professional organizations.
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Understanding of Ammonia and other industrial refrigeration systems.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills
- Ability to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering design and drafting programs
- Shall have PE designation
- Advanced skills with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, AutoCad
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.