AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI-Westeel Winnipeg has offered quality steel storage systems for over a century. Westeel’s comprehensive catalogue of products includes on-farm and commercial grain handling and storage solutions for today’s agricultural industry, as well as storage and containment systems to meet the needs of the petroleum, water and industrial sectors.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the plant and for driving continuous improvement of safety, processes, and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production flow and process planning at the operator, work cell, department, or plant level for new or existing products.
- Development of visual work instructions, SOP’s, and work standards.
- Create and maintain Bills of Material, manufacturing routings and instructions in the ERP system.
- Conducting time and motion studies; reporting, recommending, and implementing changes in process or design to improve safety, speed, efficiency, quality, etc.
- Work with all members of the production and engineering teams to ensure products can be produced safely, efficiently, and with a high level of quality.
- Inspection of outsourced, prototype, first run, or ongoing production parts and assemblies to ensure conformance to design and adherence to established processes.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Minimum 3+ years of Engineering experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment required.
- P. Eng, EIT, C.E.T, M.E.T or degree /diploma in a related technical field.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Adaptable and flexible – able to change priorities and complete tasks based on business need.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D
- Experience with ERP software (eg, SAP) would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with the metal forming industry and machinery
- Familiar with assembly fixtures and welding technology, fixture design experience an asset.
- Experience in developing visual work instructions & SOP’s.
- Familiarity with Project Management Systems & methodologies.
- Capable of designing and delivering training to production team related to Manufacturing Engineering work.
- Aptitude for driving and managing change within a Union environment.