Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Journeyman Millwright is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, replacing, installing, adjusting, maintaining, and documenting all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrically operated plant equipment.
- Receives instructions covering the scheduled preventative maintenance and planned or unplanned repairs, installation and inspection work to be done.
- Troubleshoot machine problems and find root cause. Determine course of action and report to leadership.
- Performs detailed major preventative maintenance and reports all defects and the corresponding corrective action to be taken. This work will include looking for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Advises immediately when shut down of equipment is required to minimize damage, or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect to employee or machine.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics, i.e. clutch/brake systems.
- Makes temporary or permanent repairs. Performs machining or welding as required.
- Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. Aligns shaft to shaft couplings.
- Plans repair jobs, selects tools, equipment and material for job and determines the best way to make repairs.
- Erects scaffolds and performs rigging as required.
- Works as part of a repair crew and is subject to call in for emergency breakdown.
- Notes and reports defects in tools, material and equipment.
- Keeps work area, tools and equipment in an orderly manner.
- Observes all safety rules, policies and procedures and follows standard lockout procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal endorsement
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing environment experience
- Excellent industrial trouble-shooting skills
- Excels in locating, investigating and diagnosing failures, irregularities and malfunctions
- Excels at interpreting manuals, blueprints, schematics, written instructions and maintaining logs
- Able to work in a team environment under minimal supervision
- Proficient in continuous improvement and equipment reliability techniques
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail to: email@example.com Please cite the position title in the subject line and include salary expectations.
Fax to: (204) 235-0796
450 Rue Desautels
MB R2H 3E6