AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
In this role, you will support Senior Engineers with major projects, evaluate designs and provide recommendations. The role requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant Project Engineering experience to drive and manage multiple projects for a variety of clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries. The ideal candidate has thorough knowledge of design engineering principles, in-depth project management experiences in the application for clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries.
Our team is comprised of diverse and multi-disciplinary individuals including professional engineers, designers and project managers, who have extensive experiences leading, and managing multimillion dollar projects for clients whom are leaders in their respective industries.
- Support and assist Senior Project Engineers with major project initiatives which includes identifying equipment capabilities, utilities, infrastructure requirements, developing process flow diagrams and layout concepts
- Evaluate designs and provide recommendations/solutions to clients
- Lead and coordinate activities at client sites to ensure proper execution of project designs
- Provide technical guidance during project design and implementation, including commissioning & process qualification, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration
- Prepare mechanical system designs using AutoCAD, 2D/3D and BIM modelling
- Prepare bid documents for engineering/mechanical design for installation
- Manage contractors, sub-contractors and vendors to ensure compliance to all safety regulations, codes, standards and adherence to client requirements
- Make site visits to fabricators to assess adherence to plans and process
- Monitor Contractor work for compliance with contract specifications
- Generate, review, and take responsibility for contract documents and specifications primarily as they relate to process mechanical requirements
- Support site start-up team, troubleshoot and resolve issues by collaborating with vendor equipment technicians during installation and start up
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner
- Assist with the development of Engineering check-out, equipment acceptance testing, start-up and validation documents
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical or Civil
- Working knowledge of CFIA, USDA and FDA food equipment hygienic design requirement
- Professional Engineer status or Engineer in Training
- Previous experiences in the food, beverage and pet food industries
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft suite and Visio
- Project concept development
- Design, procurement and installation or equipment
- Construction/contractor management, commissioning and validation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 40% travel maybe required to support and service our clients
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Valid passport - US Based projects may require relocation for a period of 9 to 12 months Must be able to relocate if required during this period
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.