Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Fertilizer Systems designs, builds, and installs fertilizer handling equipment and material handling equipment worldwide. AGI Fertilizer Systems is full-service company with experienced engineering, design, production, installation, transportation, and technical personnel to serve this industry. Specializing in putting customers in control as the leading manufacturer of automation blending and material handling systems for the agriculture, fuel and aerial industries.
We are actively seeking an Engineering Manager for AGI Fertilizer Systems, a division of AGI. In this role, you will plan, coordinate, and direct engineering department activities, personnel, and strategy. Provide technical leadership for both the mechanical and automation engineering groups. Analyze the market demands and coordinate research and development of applicable product lines to sustain sales growth. Analyze and properly staff engineering team.
We are a driven cohesive team consisting of 10 employees as your direct reports. You will work closely with and report to the Senior Director AGI Fertilizer Systems. You will collaborate closely with the a comprehensive support team of sales managers, project managers and operations team members.
- Maintain a technically competent and customer centered engineering department.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure department operates within corporate objectives and expectations.
- Apply methodical and safe engineering principles. Follow established design standards and product integrity.
- Confer with other departments to guarantee engineering is delivering projects within customer expectations.
- Sustain engineering and design departments to quickly provide intercompany technical assistance, drawings, and other assistance as needed.
- Provide training and mentoring to implement a strong understanding of mechanical equipment and automation as it relates to applicable industries.
- Lead complex technical evaluations of product failures or quality issues and aid in after-market support when required.
- Identify market needs and growth opportunities. Provided research, development, and new product launches to the market to satisfy these needs.
- Provide adequate user documents to allow for successful startup and maintenance of equipment while minimizing product liability by assuring all documents meet legal requirements.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes while utilizing ECR/ECN processes.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and recruitment.
- Set departmental goals to ensure proactive work is being accomplished leading to a continuous improvement culture.
- Utilization and continuous improvements in ERP system to allow for engineering project management, schedule, resource availability.
- Coordination with corporate leadership to assure engineering is meeting expectations and utilizing available resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical or Agricultural Engineering from an accredited four-year program
- 2+ years of engineering management experience. Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of controls/automation systems.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, or similar required. Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault preferred.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.