AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
AGI SureTrack empowers farmers and growers to make the most out of the resources they have while helping producers effectively manage inventories and find resources when needed. The farm is truly the heart of our organization. Each day we are driven by our guiding principles of integrity and innovation to create meaningful solutions that deliver value and profit back to the farmer and we need your help to do it.
As a member of the SureTrack team based out of Lenexa, KS facility, the Electronics Hardware Design Engineer contributes to the product electronics schematic, PCB Layout, Production test jig, Board bring-up, Design validation & verification testing, Compliance certification, Product design documentation, Product technical expert support to other division as required and advancement of the existing products with focus on the product electronics.
This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager and work closely with the Engineering team at Suretrack.
- Must able to start new design from concept to architecting electronics design including selecting major components, design documentation, detail design analysis and verification using FMEA approach, generating product specification.
- With in depth of knowledge of PCB layout design work, work on generating layout guideline, Layout stack-up, part footprint creation, layout design, gerber generation and depth understanding on PCB fabrication process.
- Conduct analysis to find out root cause of hardware or low-level software design issue in existing or new products, debug and resolving issue with detail documentation report.
- Work closely with other project team members as needed to ensure the final product has systems which function properly together and perform at levels specified in the product specifications.
- Comply with Division and Engineering standards, procedures, and protocols.
- Comply with company policies, operating procedures and health & safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in consumer electronics product design & development
- Experience with multi-layer board design including flex-rigid PCBs design
- Experience with complete product verification & validation testing including DVT, DFT, DFM and Pre-compliance testing (FCC, CE, CSA, UL/cUL, ATEX)
- Proficient in one of the electronics hardware design tools – Orcad Allegro is preferred
- Hands on experience with debug tools – Multimeter, Spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope, JTAG debuggers, Logical analyzer, RF power meter, Signal generation, Digital load tester, data logger
- Hands on experience from 8 to 32 bin controllers including 8051 or ARM X architecture
- Proficiency in interface protocol like: I2C, SPI, USB, SDRAM/FLASH, JTAG, RS232, RS485, SDIO, CAN, Modbus, SDI-12
- Development experience of wireless design using NBIoT / LTE modem, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (BLE) 4.0/5.0, 802.15.4, 2.4GHz, Sub 1-GHz, LoRA is an asset
- Solid understanding of HDLC (Hardware development life cycle) with subversion tools like Gitlab, SVN, Bugzilla, Jira, confluence
- Design experience with EMI and EMC consideration, Signal integrity (SI) analysis and circuit simulation
- Proficient in compliance standards and pre-testing experience with FCC, CE, UL, cUL, ATEX is an asset
- Hands on experience with IoT system end to end validation and testing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively & effectively in a collaborative design team, including representatives from other AGI facilities, departments, customers, and suppliers
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, organizational and time management skills
- Good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Create and maintain product documentation
- Proficient in the use of MS Suite applications
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.