Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Danmare provides engineering solutions and project management services to the food industry. Danmare specializes in automated systems for pet food, rice and pasta, confectionery ready-to-eat foods, sauces, and meat processing.
The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining project plans and coordinating project activities and leading the installation activities at different clients.
The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of over fifty-five Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
- Assist with the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, Start-up/Validation documents and Electrical and Controls installation specifications and Requests for Quotations.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments, and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tracking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs.
- Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Understand the controls integration necessary between various machines and equipment within a process.
- Understand the power and controls requirements for electrical equipment in differing Hazardous Area classifications.
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- Gather and provide management with needed information and metrics. This will include: Extract, compare, maintain and analyse data.
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering Technician equivalent
- 5 - 10+ years previous project installation and start-up experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical machines and instrumentation.
- Understanding of basic electrical requirements for Industrial Power and Control applications, including power distribution, transformer and wire sizing, equipment interlocks and safety circuits.
- Familiarity with the CEC or NEC code books.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
- Time management and organizational skills
- Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Shall have PE designation
- Advanced skills with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis
- Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate Senior Management decision making
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.