AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Applications Designer will understand the customer’s technical requirements, and the application limitations of AGI equipment and design specific equipment using pre-engineered subcomponents in each product family. The right candidate will be able to design custom assemblies on the occasions where a configurable solution is not suitable and produce customer approval drawings communicating all design considerations and assumptions.
The role will report directly to the Applications Engineering Manager and will be an integral part of the Applications Engineering group.
- Work independently within established design procedures, equipment portfolios and templates to document/draw project specific equipment designs and configurations meeting customer requirements.
- Maintain a customer focus, while also ensuring the equipment will be technically successful.
- Provide drawings to meet the equipment criteria specified by the Application/Systems Engineers (or customer).
- Ensure any special considerations are accurately documented and reflected on approval prints based on the understanding of customer specifications.
- Raise concern and communicate to Application Engineering where excessive risk exists, or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Create prints and supporting documents meeting corporate guidelines.
- Provide feedback and highlight areas of potential cost implications when making print revisions.
- Communication/collaboration with 3rd party equipment/structure suppliers.
- Support AGI manufacturing locations with equipment layout questions such that the correct equipment is manufactured.
- Review of Application Engineering specifications to ensure correct and accurate print information and compliance to corporate standards.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Mechanical Design (or Associates degree with relevant experience)
- Industrial material handling experience preferred, not required
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated equipment environment, with a propensity for machine design
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Strong team player.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Comfortable using complex file systems and Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM) systems
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.