AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Application Engineer will engineer and design custom assemblies on the occasions where a configurable solution is not suitable. The right candidate will work within established design procedures, equipment portfolios and templates to document/draw project specific equipment designs and configurations meeting customer requirements.
The role will report directly to the Applications Engineering Manager and work closely with the Systems Engineer to perform calculations, configure and/or design specific equipment using pre-engineered subcomponents in each product family.
- Work independently within established design procedures, equipment portfolios and templates to develop project specific equipment designs or configurations meeting customer requirements.
- Maintain a customer focus, while also ensuring the equipment will be technically successful.
- Provide configurations to the quoting team, with specific components selected, to meet the specifications reviewed by the systems engineer (or customer).
- Read customer specifications, to determine what configurations are required, and ensure any special considerations are identified and resolved.
- Raise concern and/or reject applications/opportunities where excessive risk exists or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate all applications to ensure they meet corporate guidelines.
- Represent your team in project meetings with customers, cross divisional or corporate.
- Provide market feedback/requirements to the Product Engineering team.
- Own the engineering communication with 3rd party equipment/structure suppliers.
- Track changes in equipment designs throughout the approval process and assists with cost impact to support the change order process.
- Communicate the customer approved drawings to the manufacturing locations, such that the correct equipment is manufactured at the appropriate time.
- Review individual equipment approval drawings produced by application designer to ensure correct and accurate information and compliance to corporate standards prior to sending to customer.
- Travel to jobsites or AGI manufacturing centers when necessary
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Structural or Agricultural Engineering from accredited university
- At least 3 years of industrial material handling experience preferred
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated equipment environment, with a propensity for machine design
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Strong team player.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Comfortable using complex file systems and Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM) systems
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.