AGI VIS is seeking a Designer to join the Engineering Design team at our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff. As a Designer, you would be responsible for assisting in the design and development of innovative products and technologies for commercial bulk material handling machinery, and storage. This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Responsibilities
- Working independently with limited direction, information, and templates to create designs and accurate SolidWorks models for customer approval
- Review designs with Engineering Manager and send to the customer for approval
- Generate accurate SolidWorks models, drawings, and bills of materials for release to production
- Understand the needs of the AGI VIS production team when generating documentation
- Review ERP bills of materials and routing, against the final generated production drawings, so other team members can accurately and confidently order materials, gearboxes, motors, bearings, etc.
- Develop new equipment product lines or expand existing products lines to different model sizes
- Improve manufacturing processes, or procedures, by making existing tasks or workflows easier and/or more cost effective
- Work with sales team to prepare initial designs and bill of materials for quotations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Drafting, or a combination of education and experience is preferred
- Background using complex file systems, Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM) systems, and other product development systems would be considered an asset
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other parametric CAD software
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated metal environment, with a propensity for machine design
- Previous experience in equipment manufacturing would be considered an asset
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Exercises good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by emailing us directly at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment. We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities