AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Senior Technical Writer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate has experience writing Installation, Operation, and Maintenance instructions for mechanical equipment in the Agricultural sector, as well as a proven track record of productivity, leading documentation projects, and meeting deadlines.
The Technical Publications Team develops, maintains, and publishes technical information products that support AGI’s customers, partners, and global family of product developers.
- Develops assembly manuals, user manuals, and other technical information products working either independently, as a member of a team, or in a project leader capacity, as assigned by their manager.
- Researches, plans, creates, and edits new and existing content in conformance with AGI’s standards and terminology, working closely with subject matter experts in various departments to understand project requirements.
- Produces high quality, accurate, and user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience and sets end-users up for success.
- Provides guidance to more junior staff where appropriate, according to their level of knowledge.
- Evaluates current content and develops approaches for improvement and strives to develop a deep understanding of AGI products and services over time.
- A post-secondary degree in an applicable discipline (communications, language, professional writing, multi-media/Illustration design, Engineering/related technical) or equivalent experience.
- 8-10+ years experience in technical communications.
- Experience in the agricultural equipment / industrial equipment sector is an asset.
- Experience developing software user guides is also an asset.
- Superior abilities in developing content (instructional, technical, written, visual, multi-media).
- Highly experienced in publication / information development, editorial processes, and workflow.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and where required lead teams and projects.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience building cooperative relationships with a network of subject matter experts.
- A commitment to the needs of the end user (helping customers and partners accomplish their goals and build their businesses is our main objective).
- High quality standards, meticulous care and attention to detail.
- A track record of delivering in a fast-paced environment where requirements and scope can change quickly.
- Experience working in an XML authoring/publishing environment (e.g. DITA XML, Arbortext) is an asset.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.