AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
As a Business Analyst, you are responsible for conducting market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, to this you work on developing and monitoring data quality metrics to ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
As an integral part of the Administration team, the Business Analyst reports directly into the Controller and works towards production costing, margin analysis, customer pricing and material costing in order to improve business performance.
- Perform margin analysis by part/product line/customer as required and make suggestions for improvement in all areas.
- Perform variance analysis of results compared to budget, prior year, and regular forecasts on a summary and detailed level.
- Provide costing support to quoting activities
- Assist in cost accounting reporting
- Assist in establishing and building adherence in process documentation
- Perform sales data reports, maintain records for exceptions
- Review and analyze data from all aspects of the US Grain group
- Identify opportunities for synergies across AGI divisions
- Assist with analyzing business performance and market conditions to help create forecasts and aid senior management in strategic decisions.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and analysis budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters.
- Cooperate with all areas within the company
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university) and/or equivalent related experience required.
- Microsoft 365 programs especially Excel; Experience with ERP/MRP system.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analysis - Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Communication- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- General manufacturing knowledge, Aptitude for working with technology
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee might be occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, handle, reach outward, reach above shoulders, bend, lift/carry up to 50 pounds, and push/pull up to 40 pounds.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.