AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
This role is based out of Toronto, ON, or Winnipeg, MB, Canada. As the Vice President of Treasury, you will lead all day-to-day global treasury operations for the organization. Functions and responsibilities include liquidity management, banking relationships, interest rate management, capital deployment, debt covenant compliance, and implementation of new treasury policies. You will also develop short and long-term strategies and prioritize and execute multiple treasury and cash management initiatives.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will work in close coordination as a key business partner with tax, risk management, and finance team members throughout the world.
- Develop, implement, and communicate global cash management policies and procedures. Identify strategic needs based on a company-wide liquidity and tax assessment. Evaluate and pursue best practices for funding needs and capital management.
- Lead corporate cash flow analysis and forecasting in anticipation of the company’s daily cash needs and future flows to improve the effectiveness of the funding process.
- Proactively manage the bank credit agreement.
- Enhance controls and efficiencies of treasury/cash management and recommend new banking/cash management products.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans and tactical objectives for all debt and derivative back-office activities, including bank delegations, transaction confirmations, and transaction settlements.
- Oversee debt and preferred investment covenants in accordance with our banking agreements.
- Manage hedging programs for foreign exchange, commodities, and interest rates.
- Work as a key business partner with Regional Financial leaders.
- Focus on details and good business judgement.
- Develop KPI’s for tracking and measuring.
- Work with multiple areas to facilitate improvements in working capital metrics.
- Develop and implement standard processes.
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting process.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of processes.
- Effectively lead change in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or CA. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 15 years in a Senior financial management role with at least 5 years global treasury experience.
- Experience negotiating bank credit facilities. Strong knowledge of other debt facilities including debentures and notes payable.
- Excellent knowledge of core financial and tax concepts.
- Strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Experience with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting methodologies and risk management activities.
- Ability to thrive in a hands-on entrepreneurial environment. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information very confidential.
- A very high level of integrity.
- Leadership – ability to take initiative and ownership for customer service and be a self-starter who is motivated internally to set high standards of performance.
- Interpersonal and teamwork – work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Communication – excellent oral and written communicator as well as a visual eye for presentation and confident in dealing with all people at all levels up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Planning and organization – very structured approach to prioritizing and ensuring that multiple priorities and customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Sound judgement – adept at exercising discretion, maintaining confidentiality, and building trust.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience.
- Experience working with a public company a plus.
- Exceptional proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP financial reporting systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.