AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
This role is based out of Toronto, ON or Winnipeg, MB Canada. As the Senior Director of Internal Audit, you will lead our internal audit program that identifies the key risks at the company, including internal controls over financial reporting (National Instrument 52-109 compliance), and then ensure the controls are appropriately tested and reported on in compliance with all regulatory and internal company policies.
Reporting directly to the CFO with a dotted line to the Audit Committee, you will be an integral member of the AGI Internal Audit team, working towards building and strengthening our internal audit function.
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization's business, processes and controls and identify actions necessary to manage risks.
- Develop and implement an Internal Audit methodology focused on providing assurance to the Audit Committee and Executive Management that appropriate financial and operational controls are in place within the organization to manage risk effectively and efficiently and improve business performance.
- Develop and implement the methodology for achieving compliance with relevant reporting governance requirements including but not limited to NI 52-109 compliance.
- Collaborate with Finance, IT, Legal and other relevant business functions to clearly define relevant risks, controls and related assurance activities to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage the execution of controls testing to assess the effective design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Prepare an Internal Audit Plan, present the plan to the Audit Committee annually for approval and report the status of the plan’s execution to the Audit Committee quarterly.
- Manage the execution of the Internal Audit plan utilizing appropriately skilled internal and external resources as required. Communicate the results to Management and the Audit Committee as appropriate.
- Establish appropriate follow-up mechanisms to monitor the implementation of action items.
- Maintain strong working relationship with External Auditor to ensure alignment in methodologies and coordination of assurance activities.
- Establish appropriate reporting protocols to communicate results of assurance activities assessing the effective design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Maintain strong working relationship with the Audit Committee, Management and Operations.
- Work as a key business partner with corporate and regional financial leaders.
- Focus on details and good business judgement.
- Develop KPI’s for tracking and measuring.
- Develop and implement standard processes.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of processes.
- Effectively lead change in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting complemented by one or more of the following designations: Chartered Professional Account (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years leading audit compliance areas.
- Strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Experience with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting methodologies and risk management activities.
- Ability to thrive in a hands-on entrepreneurial environment. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information very confidential.
- A very high level of integrity.
- Leadership – ability to take initiative and ownership for customer service and be a self-starter who is motivated internally to set high standards of performance.
- Interpersonal and teamwork – work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Communication – excellent oral and written communicator as well as a visual eye for presentation and confident in dealing with all people at all levels up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Planning and organization – very structured approach to prioritizing and ensuring that multiple priorities and customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Sound judgement – adept at exercising discretion, maintaining confidentiality, and building trust.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience.
- Experience working with a public company a plus.
- Exceptional proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP financial reporting systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.