AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
In this role, you will analyze and review current purchasing and logistic practices for the Food Group, technical components and commodities. You will work with the team to identify supply chain synergies within our operating divisions with the goal of optimizing volume and leveraging alternatives to improve quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction, vendor analysis & certification, reduce costs and drive company revenue.
You will report to the Senior Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply, and work closely with the operational leadership team and logistics and procurement management teams.
- Review and analyze existing division purchasing and logistics practices to identify strategic process improvements & volume leveraging alternatives to improve quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction & to reduce costs & drive company revenue.
- Recommend or negotiate alternative purchasing and logistics programs and agreements with and in conjunction with all divisions to improve efficiency and cost savings through volume leverage and supplier optimization.
- In conjunction with Senior Operational Leadership, develop a supply chain, resource enhancement action plan to foster the growth of the function at each division and develop AGI best practices throughout.
- Act as a key resource and solutions provider to the regional operational leadership and their respective teams.
- Providing supply chain analytics to senior leadership team as required
- Support other AGI supply chain activities as required
- 5-8 years, multi-location, purchasing and supply chain managerial experience within a metal fabrication and industrial/agricultural equipment manufacturing environment.
- An undergraduate degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and/or a Supply Chain/Technical Sales background or cost control.
- Proficient in MS Office and Power BI.
- An effective communicator, negotiator, leader and mentor who can work with all levels of management and non-supervisory employees to execute the responsibilities of this role with a sense of urgency.
- Able to exercise good judgement and initiative.
- Strong trend and data analysis abilities.
- Able to travel to support the requirements of the role.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.